The Turner Czar hit the market last year as Turner’s first carbon fiber frame set. After 20 years of high-quality aluminum frame building, that was a bold step. As with Turner’s previous models, the Czar is built for longevity and durability in a package that is as light as possible without sacrificing the signature ride quality.
Turner has used the industry-leading DW-Link suspension since 2008 and is a perfect match for Dave Turner’s creations. The ride quality is supple, responsive and smooth and makes 100mm travel XC bikes (like the Czar) feel like they have more travel while still remaining efficient on climbs and undulating terrain.
Some features of the Czar:
- Toray high-modulus carbon fiber
- 100mm rear travel via DW-Link
- Externally-routed cables with built-in cable guides
- Pressfit 44/56mm headset
- Post-mount rear brake mount
- PF30 bottom bracket
- 142×12 rear thru axle
- Direct-mount front derailleur (if you go with that sort of thing)
- Turner’s signature bushings with Zerk grease ports
- 5.3-5.7 lb frame weight
- Colors: Gold Dust Orange or Trans Black
- Price: $2995 (frame only)
Word On the Trail
The word on the trail is that the Czar is 100% Turner and spot-on for the “XC to Trail” spectrum. Long-winded MTBR contributor, Lee Lau, praised the bike and gave it 5-stars. Others are delivering similar messages — a great testament to Turner’s dedication to a signature ride.