Increased compliance. Increased stiffness. Increased aerodynamics. That recipe is the same one used by every new bike on the market today — including the new Cannondale Supersix EVO for 2016.
At first glance, only Cannondale afficionados will be able to discern between outgoing model and the new one. Tube shapes, geometry and nearly everything else is only slightly changed — at least when viewed from a distance.
Once you step closer, however, you’ll notice that the entire frame (though visually similar) has changed. See below for some of the key highlights:
- Truncated Aero Profile (TAP) tube shapes deliver 6-watt drag reduction
- All-new Speed SAVE fork is lighter, stiffer and 21% more compliant
- 25.4mm SAVE seatpost offers 36% more compliance
- New Speed SAVE rear triangle offers 15% more vertical compliance
- Wider BB30a bottom bracket
- Weight: 777 grams (56cm frame), 280 grams (fork)
The requisite launch video is below: