So, you travel a lot for business via car, train or airplane and you want to maintain a proper road riding schedule. You want a lightweight and responsive carbon frame, but it must fit in tight quarters. Ritchey has your back with the all-new Carbon Break-Away road frame.
Like the previous Break-Away frames, this one disassembles at the seat tube and lower down tube and joins the Ti/Carbon Break-Away frame as the only race-worthy and travel-friendly road bikes on the market. Unique cable connectors also disconnect and the whole thing fits into a tidy travel case.
As shown, this complete build tips the scales at 15.6 lbs and includes everything needed to travel with this beauty. For a bike focused on real-world durability and not being ultra light, I’d say its a respectable weight for a complete build.
- Optimized carbon tubing for ride quality and durability
- Classic Ritchey geometry
- Standard threaded bottom bracket
- Ritchey WCS Carbon road fork included
- Clearance for up to 28mm tires
- Break-Away travel case included
- 4Nm torque key included
- Sizes: 5 sizes (XS-XL)
- Weight: 1524 grams (medium frameset)
- Price: $2999.95 (frame, fork, headset, travel case)
The Bottom Line
This is a unique road bike and, for the right rider, will be sublime. Most of us don’t have the need for a folding bike frame, but if you are a discerning road warrior, the Carbon Break-Away is your match made in heaven.