In a few short years, the folks at Niner have exploded — primarily due to their fantastic bikes and fanatical love for big hoops. The original Jet 9 RDO was a fantastic bike, but for 2015, Niner is making it even better.
Here are the highlights:
- New RDO Carbon Compaction System for a more consistent frame compaction from the inside-out (now used on all carbon models)
- 70 grams lighter overall (some due to minimal paint on the new frame)
- Revised color schemes
- Available with the RockShox RS-1 (if you’ve got the coin)
- Still compatible with 100 or 120mm forks
- Uses Enduro Magnetite Black sealed cartridge bearings
- Second-gen internal cable routing
- Price: $2899 (frame only)
I spent some quality time on the previous-generation Jet 9 RDO and loved it. The new models, though primarily unchanged, offer even better consistency and refinements. The paint reduction alone is awesome to see — more and more carbon bikes should get rid of the paint to shave precious grams.