Fatbikes are notorious for being a great concept and awesome in the right conditions, but not so fun when the snow melts and conditions change. Pivot is a desert-based company, so it makes sense that they would adapt the LES to be more versatile than “just a fatbike.”
In a move to make your fatbike your only bike, the LES Fat will accommodate all plus or fat wheel/tire sizes on the market (26″ fat, 650b+ or 29+). To enable that, the LES Fat utilizes the Swinger II dropout system to adjust for these wheel sizes, but also makes singlespeed or geared drivetrain options a reality.
Showcasing the versatility of the new LES Fat, Pivot rider, Aaron Chase whipped it around in ways we can only dream.
Looking over the LES Fat, it’s got some unique features that are noteworthy:
- Optimized carbon layup structure
- Swinger II rear dropout to accommodate any fat or plus wheel sizes
- Adjustable chainstay length
- Suspension-corrected geometry
- Includes additional headset cup spacers to maintain geometry
- Pivot carbon or RockShox Bluto fork options
- Lower Q-factor E-Thirteen crankset
- 2x and 1x drivetrain compatible
- Massive down tube and 132mm wide bottom bracket
- Full internal cable routing with Cable Port System
- Rear rack mounts for winter touring
The Bottom Line
The fatbike market is getting crowded and their useful timeframe can be fairly limited — even in snow-friendly Utah. With the new LES Fat, this fatbike can be tuned and changed for maximum year-round fun.