Hardtail purists and singlespeed riders still love rigid forks. Luckily, going rigid doesn’t mean you’re compromising stiffness and completely losing comfort. Modern carbon craftsmen, Enve Composites, just announced their MTN Fork with a nod to simplicity.
The MTN Fork is 29er only and has some great features:
- Available in 29er only
- Adjustable rake/offset for 44 or 52mm — so cool!
- 3.46 in tire clearance
- 300mm length tapered steerer
- Works with 160 or 180mm rotors
- Removable fender option with integrated cable routing clip
- 15mm thru axle only
- Weight: 686 grams or 711 grams (w/fender)
- Price: $625
As with most things in life, the simplest solution is almost always the best solution. For certain racing formats, the rigid 29er fork could be the bee’s knees. I’m thinking particularly races such as the Crusher in the Tushar and other similar races that are growing ever popular these days.