The folks at Ritchey are hopping on the hi-vis train with their venerable SuperLogic Carbon C260 stem. I’ve been using the regular black version for several months and this thing is supremely stiff while being reasonably light.
With a boxy profile and a large clamping surface for both the steerer and bars, this stem also provides a hefty dose of vibration dampening.
While C260 is a fantastic advancement in the stem/bar interface, it does have a couple of drawbacks: 1) Some bars don’t fit and will require bar tape removal to get it off and 2) adjusting the lower bolts is challenging.
The features of the limited-edition yellow are the same as the standard version, but with a $20 price savings.
Ritchey SuperLogic Carbon C260 Features:
- C260 bar clamp creates a larger stem-to-bar interface, drastically reducing bolt stress
- 4 x T-20 faceplate bolts and patented 260 degree bar clamp design reduces weight, increases stiffness and distributes stress more evenly
- 3 x T-20 steer tube bolts and curved clamp slot reduces weight and steer tube stress
- Fits most road and mountain bars
- Material: Carbon with 2014 alloy faceplate
- Lengths: 90 – 130mm
- Angle: 84/6 degree
- Steerer Height: 42mm
- Faceplate width: 40mm
- Steerer: 1-1/8″ or 1-1/4″ (International only)
- Limited edition yellow finish
- 125g (110mm)
I just picked one up from Tweaked Sports for $254.95 + free shipping! I saved $25 over the Ritchey website which sells them for $279.95 and I think they charge for shipping. Find them here: http://www.tweakedsports.com/bike-stems-ritchey.aspx